Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's a little cliche but...

I'm going to make some New Year's resolutions.  My weight has creeped up to an all-time high of around 187 (gasp!), so something needs to be done. I'm not starting with anything dramatic for now because I've fallen so far off the wagon that I just need to start doing some small things that will get me on the right track. So here are three things I am planning on doing in 2012:

1. Track calories every day.  It's ok if I go over, I just need to get back in the tracking habit.
2. Eat 2 servings of vegetables every day.  It doesn't sound like much, but right now I pretty much don't have any.
3. Exercise just 5 minutes each morning.

So I probably won't have a dramatic weight loss from just these three.  I might try adding something each month to build on what I started this month.  Maybe next month I'll add 15 minutes of exercise each evening and make sure I have 2 servings of fruit as well. I hope by this time next year I'm at least 160 or lower!

No comments:

Post a Comment