Sunday, February 19, 2012

Should I or should I not eat meat to lose weight?

It seems like I keep going back and forth as to whether I need to eliminate meat from my diet. Even though I have not been implementing any of their suggestions, I have been interested in what vegans have said about how their lifestyle has improved their health. I've been reading Steve Pavlina's blog and watching Dan McDonald's youtube videos for inspiration. But I've also been listening to podcasts by Jillian Michaels and the "Cut the Fat" podcast by Raymond Hinish and Blythe Alberg, and they advocate a higher protein diet that includes animal protein. So I've been wavering between thinking I need to eat a lot of protein and not having any animal products. I wish I knew who to believe and what would be best.

One thing they all have in common though is they emphasize the importance of eating more vegetables. So that is something I need to start doing again. And at this point I should be concentrating on eating less calories and then maybe revisit whether I should eat animal protein to lose weight and be healthy at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment