Friday, July 17, 2015

Does working swing shift cause weight gain?

Another challenge I'm facing is now I have a job that I work swing shift. I work a week of afternoons, then a week of days, and then a week of midnight shifts. The nice thing is after the week of the night shifts I get the next week off and then I work the following weekend. The bad thing is it screws up my sleeping and eating schedules because it changes weekly. I think the worst is the week I work overnights because I'm always looking for energy I'm always hungry the whole shift when normally I would be sleeping at that time and not eating at all. One of the guys I work with said most people gain 15 pounds in the first year that they start working there. I may have gained a pound or two but I definitely feel more worn down not as motivated to exercise or watch what I eat. Does anyone have any tips on how to keep the weight off when you work swing shift?

No comments:

Post a Comment