Thursday, January 13, 2011

Arrrgh... Counting Calories and My Stupid Job

I can attribute my weight loss success to counting calories, but for some reason, I'm having a hard time getting back into it.  I decided just for the short term, I'm at least going to write down everything I eat, but not figure out the calories. I find that often I don't know how many calories are in something and I should go back later to figure it out, but I always forget. But, the act of just writing down the food will get me going the right direction.  Also, when I have to write everything down, I'm more likely to think twice before I eat. Sometimes you just need to take "baby steps" as one of my favorite weight inspirations Shanti (Antishay) says.

And you know how I had written that it's really difficult to keep on a diet when I have to get up early for my job?  Well now I found out it's going to be even more difficult.  They are going to change my shift from 7am-3 to 6am-2.  It's a 1/2 hour commute, so I have to leave my house by 5:30AM, which will leave me very little time to make a good breakfast, but worst of all, I'll be super tired all day and whenever I'm tired I tend to reach for food to get more energy.  I don't know what to do to prevent overeating when sleep-deprived.

No comments:

Post a Comment