Saturday, January 15, 2011

My husband's weight loss plan

My husband is also trying to lose weight.  He even joined a biggest loser type weight loss competition, so he is taking some extra steps to try to lose weight.  He signed up for a personal trainer once a week and a few days ago he talked to a nutritionist.  I didn't hear exactly what they talked about, but one of the things he came away with is he needs to have more protein. His diet is not as good as mine, but I think I need to incorporate more protein into my diet as well.  He said he asked the nutritionist how he can get more energy without eating more calories, and eating more protein was a suggestion.  Protein is digested more slowly then carbohydrates, so they should provide energy for a longer period of time.

So I think I'm going to try to eat more protein and see if I feel better and have more energy.  Of course this may not be the best week to test this since I'll be fighting my new work schedule, but we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment