Saturday, January 8, 2011

I never thought I'd put it all back on again...

I have created this blog to help motivate myself to re-lose the weight I had worked so hard to lose the first time. I guess the good thing is at least I know I can do it since I've did it before.

In August of 2009 I wore a pair of dress pants that were always comfortable before, but this time they were so tight that I would rather stand than sit because they were not as tight when I stood. I weighed myself the next day and found I was up to 180 pounds. I'm 5'10", so my ideal weight is between 140 and 150. I finally decided to start tracking my calories and slowly from August 2009 to May of 2010 I went from 180 to 145! Whenever I saw people I hadn't seen for a few months they'd always remark on how great I looked and ask me how I lost the weight. It was great and I thought 145 was my new normal.

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding in June, so I managed to keep my weight at 145, but once the wedding was over, I started to slack on tracking my calories. In August of 2010, I got a new job. Before I was working from home and doing some temp work here and there. This new job had me working 40 to 50 hours a week plus a 1/2 hour commute each way. With my time cut back, and having to get up early, I stopped tracking altogether. I kept telling myself I need to start again, but for some reason I felt like "next week" would be a better week to start eating better.

I weighed in a 164 this morning. So I have gained about 20 pounds back and am only about 16 pounds away from my all-time high. So now is the time to start getting back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment